Analysis and Evaluation of Biomedical Technologies
The book contains a more detailed extended version of a lecture held by the Bioinformatics programme at the University of Hamburg, titled “Evaluation of Modern Biotechnology and Bioinformatics”. The following lecture topics will be included:
The volume serves two equally important purposes. It provides an introductory level understanding of the presented topics while including a more in-depth analysis of the topics covered in the lecture as a preparation for the exam. Each central question is therefore presented in detail, supplementary materials are made available and further literature is recommended.
- • Technology and Society. The Basics.
- • Aims and Purposes, Methods and Concepts of TA
- • The Evaluation of Medical Techniques: Health Technology Assessment
- • Case Study: Predictive Genetic Testing and Screenings
- • Case Study: Bio- und Gene Databases
- • Case Study: Implications of Pharmacogenetics
- • The Management of Biotechnology
- • Innovations: Processes of Setting Standards
- Duration: 01. August 2005 - 31. December 2005
- Project lead: PD Dr. phil. habil. Günter Feuerstein
- Sponsor: Participating Institution: Research Group for Medicine and Neurosciences / FSP BIOGUM-